Norton started their last league game of 2013 playing up the slope into a typically strong wind against Drybrook, the Forest of Dean side, that are third in the league.

The visitors' kicker soon took advantage of the wind at his back to open the scoring with a well-taken penalty after Norton were adjudged to have infringed. Drybrook continued to take full advantage of the elements and scored two converted tries, one from a catch and drive following a line-out and another following sustained pressure on the Norton line from the visitors' pack.

The highlight of the half for the home supporters was centre, Alex Mitchard, making a clean break to run a try in from his own half to score the home side's first points.

Fly half, Ben Taylor, kicking into the wind, was unable to emulate his opponent as his best kick hit the woodwork only to bounce back. The home side finished the half the stronger of the two sides, scoring in the corner from a catch and drive from the line-out and Robbie Fuller grounded the ball.

Norton's Coach, Tom Lovell, was pleased with his side's first half performance, finishing with the score close at 13–17, and looked forward to them having the advantage of the elements in the second half.

Drybrook started the half very strongly, determined to keep the ball in hand and not give possession away. Unfortunately, Lovell's team were unable to take control and although Norton's scrummage was in ascendance, they were unable to win enough good balls to clear their lines and break the stranglehold that Drybrook had them in. Their kick and chase not good enough, this allowed Drybrook to run the ball back at them, instead of forcing them to kick to touch, giving Norton the lineout.

They kept constant pressure on the home side, ensuring that Norton played in their own half. The visitors' big No. 8 attacked time after time, but the home side's defence held firm but unable to relieve the pressure.

All credit must be given to the visitors for their patience and control in the close drives towards the line. They recycled the ball time and time again, giving the home side little chance of winning the ball back. But all hopes to holding on to a losing bonus point were dashed when Drybrook scored at the very end of the game with the referee blowing for full time straight after the conversion. The game finished 13–24 in favour of Drybrook.