Grab your walking boots and head outdoors in February
Another month of varying walks, some sections may be familiar to us and others yet to be explored – please join us!
• Wednesday, 2nd February is our 6.6 mile circular walk around the Waldegrave Estate, Greendown and Ford. Starting point: 10 am at Waldegrave Estate car park, adjacent to St Mary Magdalene Church, Church Lane, Chewton Mendip, BA3 4SW. Your walk leader will be Richard C: 01761 221471 or: 07803 609550.
• Sunday, 13th February will be with walker leader, Tony R. Full details to be finalised – see website in due course.
• Wednesday, 16th February will be a seven mile circular walk through the centre of Wells, passing the Bishop’s Palace and on through Kings Wood before reaching the boundaries of the villages of Croscombe and Dinder. Meeting point: 9.20 am at High Street car park in Paulton, BS39 7NW to car share. If car sharing, please be prepared to wear a face mask. Start point is 10 am on Ash Lane, Wells (on street parking) BA5 2LW. Walk Leader will be Sue R: 01761 233807 or: 07990 627573 on the day.
• Sunday, 20th February will be a nine mile circular walk. After climbing out of the Limpley Stoke Valley, with lovely views of Bath, the walk is easy but longer than our usual walks, it is canal side walking for the larger part. Start Point: Pay & Display car park at Dundas Aqueduct/Angel Fish Café, Limpley Stoke, BA2 7JD where your walk leader will be Tessa on: 01761 470453 or: 07811 008567 on the day.
• Monday, 21st February is a 7.5 mile circular walk using the path around the old Fry’s factory, then going on the Dramway to the Bristol/Bath cyclepath and returning back along the riverbank. Start point is at Station overflow car park opposite the Lock Keeper Pub, Keynsham Road, Keynsham, BS31 2DD. The walk leader is David G: 07722 612032.
• Sunday, 27th February, Walk Leaders: Marilyn and Jane – full details to be finalised – see website in due course.
For all information regarding walks and latest regulations on Covid-19, please visit our website: www.somervalleyramblers.org.uk
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |