PAULTON Rovers had to settle for a 2-2 home draw against Malvern Town in Southern League, Division One South & West in midweek. Paulton manager Richard Fey was disappointed his side lost a two goal advantage to yield only one point from a draw against Worcestershire visitors Malvern Town. Rovers opened brightly with a neat move involving Leighton Thomas and Dan McBeam and then in the fifth minute went ahead as Ed Butcher put through Thomas who raced on to lob over Town keeper Josh Bishop to give Paulton the lead. Paulton keeper Frankie Phillips easily dealt with a shot from the lively Levi Francis and then Rovers centre half Aaron Parsons blocked a shot from Jack Watts. On 14 minutes the hosts went 2-0 up as Thomas raced from his own half and his initial shot was deflected into the path of Jarmani Langlais to make no mistake from 10 yards out. Malvern playing some smooth passing pulled a goal back on 20 minutes as Watts played in Sam Hewlett belted the ball past Phillips. Rovers had a great chance on 34 minutes as McBeam’s cross was chipped over the bar by Thomas. On the restart Watts missed target put through by Hewlett. Malvern levelled on 54 minutes as a long ball found Watts who drove home from close range. Rovers had a great chance to restore there lead as Thomas’s run was met by Langlais who headed narrowly over the bar. The man in the middle started waving yellow cards like confetti with umpteen booing on both sides to the discontent of the paying public. Malvern’s build up to little impact though Lewis shot wide with Thomas responding in equal fashion. In added time Langlais was rugby tackled as he threatened and after a slow response he reacted. Having been already booked common sense would have given him a stiff talkie to but instead he was shown a second yellow and dismissed. Player of the match (Leighton Thomas -Paulton Rovers).

This was Rovers’ tenth draw of the season - which might explain why they are bottom of the table, six points adrift of the next placed side.

Elsewhere, Bashely lost 2-0 at home to Bishops Cleeve, Melksham Town were 2-1 winners at home to Bideford, Mousehole won 3-2 against visitors Tavistock and Evesham lost 2-1 away to Wimborne after taking a 24th minute lead