PAULTON Rovers gained a surprise 2-1 away win over Exmouth Town in Division One South of the Southern League on Saturday - thanks to goals byLeighton Thomas and Milo Murgatroyd. It was their first win since Boxing Day, writes Jon Green. It was Rovers that made most of the pressing in the early minutes but they could not make the most of some early scoring chances and paid the penalty when Tom Bath headed the home side into the lead. It was a blow to Rovers who had looked so good in the opening 25 minutes. The second half was an altogether different affair. After Exmouth had an early ‘goal’ chalked off for offside and a couple of further half chances, Rovers began to push again and the pressure told in the 54th minute. Jamarni Langlais picked up the ball on the edge of the box and hit a drive that was deflected over for a corner. Exmouth partially cleared the cross but only out to a waiting Rovers player, the ball was moved around the box as the visitors probed for an opening; the ball  eventually finding Langlais again. He moved the ball onto Leighton Thomas who was in acres of space in the box and he fired into the bottom left corner. It was just what the team needed but disaster could have struck two minutes later when the injured Aaron Parsons had to be replaced by Dan Restorick. But, no matter, with Milo Murgatroyd back from holiday just hours before the game, on for Jamarni Langlais, Rovers continued to press. In the 70th minute, Ed Butcher did remarkably well to keep a ball in from going out for a throw and after turning past two Exmouth players, ploughed up the left touchline and hitting a low cross which Leighton Thomas was unlucky to divert just wide. Seven minutes later the pressure paid off as Leighton Thomas picked up the ball 25 yards out. He was closed down as he approached the box but the ball squirmed out to the waiting Milo Murgatroyd who pounced and took the ball round the oncoming keeper and put the ball into the gaping net. Sensible play from Rovers followed as they tried to manage the lead in the final minutes. Braeden Symes came on for  Ed Butcher in the 84th minute to add some stability in the midfield area. Even then, Rovers still looked the more likely to score.