Surrey side, Guildford City, made their first ever visit to Winterfield Road last Saturday. Paulton struggled at times to find their form before overcoming their determined opponents.

Early pressure from Dean Evans and Brandon Barnes did not show results, however, on sixteen minutes, Ben Lacey laid the ball to right-back, Stuart Tovey, whose deep cross fell to Barnes on the left of the penalty area and he hit a superb volley past City keeper, Antony Hall. Hall was on hand to tip over from Evans after he neatly met a cross from Barnes.

Guildford, whose nickname is 'The Sweeney' did not have their first shot until a strike from Jordan Taylor in the 33rd minute and then it went high, wide and over the stand.

A brighter start to the second half and three minutes in, it was 2–0 after a scrambled effort from Nick McCootie, then Evans, was blocked before Ryan Batten turned the ball past Hall. Due to pitch conditions, both sides had difficulty in controlling the ball and Rovers had to rely on Captain, Dan Cleverley and central defender, Scott Brice, to snuff out any City attacks. In truth, home keeper, Kyle Phillips, had little to do throughout the match. Evans and Cleverley were dominating midfield and left-back, Sam Teale, made a number of telling overlaps down the left.

Paulton nearly added to the score when a corner from the right by Barnes dipped under the bar, bringing a great save from Hall to tip over the crossbar.

It was 3–0 after 76 minutes when McCootie, looking just offside, was allowed to run on from Evans' pass to beat Hall from close range. Substitute, Josh Klein-Davies, hit a sublime chip onto the cross bar and Mike Perrott thumped home the rebound from ten yards out on 86 minutes to make it 4–0 to Rovers.

Team: Kyle Phillips, Stuart Tovey, Sam Teale, Ryan Batten, Scott Brice, Brandon Barnes (sub., Mike Perrott 68), Dean Evans, Ben Lacey (Saul Williams, 78), Ryan Bath (Josh Klien-Davies, 61), Dan Cleverley (C), Nick McCootie.

On Tuesday, 11th March, Rovers travelled to Tiverton Town, both going into the match as one of five teams on 53 points along with Yate Town, Swindon Supermarine and Mangotsfield United. On Thursday evening (13th March) the rearranged Somerset Premier Cup quarter-final will take place at Odd Down, kick-off at 7.45 p.m.

This Saturday, Paulton travel to Shakespeare country to play the furthest north team in the league, Stratford Town, kick-off at 3 p.m. It is anticipated the coach will leave the club at 10.30 a.m., but check:"> or the noticeboard in the clubhouse for updates.

The fourth away match on the trot sees Rovers travel to Bishops Cleeve next Tuesday, (18th March) kick-off at 7.45 p.m.

Last Saturday, The Wurzels played to a sell-out crowd in aid of Crohn's and Colitis Reasearch in the Francis Suite. Over £3,000 was raised on the night. Grateful thanks to two of the Paulton Rovers Committee who organised the event, Helen Kerton and Wayne Roberts, ably assisted by many volunteers.